grandsangel place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++

Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++

Post  grandsangel Fri May 02, 2008 11:19 am

1. MOVING TO AUSSIE,KAL AND OTHER PLACES
oh no, our thread got removed the sad sports. here goes guys an other one.
fluffyminx (42 ) 8:02 pm, 2 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. bumping for move to ozzie
fans,we lost out other one.
fluffyminx (42 ) 8:05 pm, 2 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. How do threads get removed
if there's nothing kinky or anything like that in them?
shadeemur (187 ) 8:06 pm, 2 May
4. dont do it
dont do it dont do it dont do it dont do it lol stay in NZ,
crusierman (211 ) 8:10 pm, 2 May
5. i dont no i posted my message
said thread been removed.it had 1300 posts so dont no why it got removed!
fluffyminx (42 ) 8:14 pm, 2 May
6. maybe.............................
its the goverment trying to stop the exodus
fireman312 (22 ) 8:18 pm, 2 May
7. no it will be that damn whihopia
spy base here in blenheim giving the government the info how mahy are going so they killed it.the satalite dish look funny deflated.
fluffyminx (42 ) 8:22 pm, 2 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------8. Maybe it's inflation
Too may postings? lol
shadeemur (187 ) 8:24 pm, 2 May
9. hi all milly wenna kelly
they did it again oh well here we go again .Everyone will have to start chatting on the site http://kiwiinozmoving.heavenforum.org (and I wasn't able to copy past post 50 of the old tread to the site ).anyway haw is everyone . Angie how was work milly .
farcough81 (10 ) 8:27 pm, 2 May
10. bloody hell
all that info gone, AGAIN,, why don,t they remove some of the dumb threads??
alphafifteen (0) 8:33 pm, 2 May
11. exactly all that valuable info
GONE!!! wahhhh
fluffyminx (42 ) 8:41 pm, 2 May
12. thanks alpha
for letting me no,sheesh why carnt it just stay on here..all that information everyone trying to help other people...oh well.we are back:)
millyone21 (0 ) 8:42 pm, 2 May
13. alpha-funny story
phone rung here before...caller I.D said "mum"....SmileSmile...hmmm i say out loud "they got phones in heaven"...hahaha..wounder if they got cellphones..perhaps we might get a txt one day...funny aye..it was Robyn...
millyone21 (0 ) 8:45 pm, 2 May
14. lol cool millie
is she ok, probably wants some of the neccessary,s lol..
alphafifteen (0) 8:47 pm, 2 May
15. hehe
i just cracked up aye..you are probably right..Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 8:48 pm, 2 May
16. lol ok
;;;, funny..
alphafifteen (0) 8:48 pm, 2 May
17. I just noticed
how many posts the Stop smoking & the fibromyalgia has???strange..
alphafifteen (0) 8:58 pm, 2 May
18. well as i was saying in the other thread..
hubbys court is 25 june and we meant to fly out 15 june one way,so we had an idea,we booked a ticket back after a week in the gc and sussing stuff out and maybe when all his ex crap sorted we might just fly direct to kal.i mena wot a gold digger,judge asked her to sort it amicably but she said no.so shes got her hands in further the buck tooth sod. o well. we will get there.
fluffyminx (42 ) 8:59 pm, 2 May
19. i think we got a anti aussie
trademe worker maybe...lol...
fluffyminx (42 ) 9:00 pm, 2 May
20. No wonder
I couldn't find the old thread, why do they keep doing this to us!!!!
weena29 (196 ) 9:10 pm, 2 May
21. i have no idea its just such a useful thread
yet they leave others going for ages that arent as well used as this is.
fluffyminx (42 ) 9:43 pm, 2 May
22. GREAT THREAD
Oh bugger shame about your other thread I just found it last week and took all weekend to read it and now have been additiced to it and have got a daily dose since I read it all. It was a great thread so I hope that you can all get busy again and add all the useful info that you have been puting on it for all the interested and waiting to go. I would love to join you all in Kal sounds great. Still in the early thinking stages for us. But keep up the site and info I will keep checking in on you all. Have a good weekend all......
sophie01 (275 ) 10:19 pm, 2 May
23. darnation!!
just when I fianlly had some time to catch up on the thread - it's GONE!! Looks like hubby will be going to Kal via Melbourne the first week of June. He wants to wait for my birthday (isn't he sweet?) Plus it gives us a bit more time to get the $$ together. He had a good chat with our friend who is back here (from Kal) for my brother's wedding. And it just confirmed what we'd been thinking. We definitely need to do this as soon as poss.
keenkiwi (760 ) 10:36 pm, 2 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------24. save your thread
sad but if important info on it, thats whats needed.
minx3 (0 ) 10:43 pm, 2 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------25. OK Guys
I will move page by page from now on frist thing in the morning and last thing at night we will not lose all this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or you could post in here then copy and paste it over to our kiwi in oz site yourselfs so what do you think. Angie
farcough81 (10 ) 10:53 pm, 2 May

Last edited by grandsangel on Fri May 09, 2008 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty post 26 to 50

Post  grandsangel Sat May 03, 2008 10:53 am

26 lol
just move over here, the rest is easy as LOL
minx3 (0 ) 10:54 pm, 2 May
27. Ok done
have moved the first 25 post so guys get posting I am sure I will have another 25 to do in the morning. Well off to bed again I will put this little man back down again and hope he stays there this time. Angie
farcough81 (10 ) 11:24 pm, 2 May
28. To any NEW people coming on
As Angie has posted in *9. This is a site she has started for info to Kalgoorlie. We do still have the Directory to darn near ALL business Co. in Kal and can get Phone, Fax and E mail Addy if you need help or want to make contact over there.If you have a question,please post HERE or on the other thread and we will try and get back to you asap. All the best for today and look foward to filling another 25 plus pages. Steve.
farcough81 (10 ) 5:54 am, 3 May
29. A big welcome to Sophie
Hope to hear more from you. If you need any info just ask. as you would of read "if we aint got it we can get it" Hope to met up and start a regular gathering in Kal once we get there.(poor Aussies dont know what a good BBQ is until they go to a Kiwi one! Steve. farcough81 (10 ) 6:04 am, 3 May
30. Hi,
Can anyone remember if it was ralm that had posted in the last thread, that there hubby has just got a job? It started off, yes yes yes.
flynn27 (30 ) 6:43 am, 3 May
31. Sorry if I have got this wrong
Pretty sure it was ralms hubby that has just got a job so going to post, 3 posts from the $130,000 kalgoorlie thread that I had printed off and was reading through. Just shows that it is possible.
flynn27 (30 ) 7:27 am, 3 May
32. Hubby just passed his learners permit in
class 2 & does his practical tomorrow & friday & he flies out on saturday. ralm 3:18 pm, 2 Apr
flynn27 (30 ) 7:30 am, 3 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------33. lol
good luck getting a job driving trucks over there with no experience and having just a class 2. boarder28 3:43 pm, 2 Apr
flynn27 (30 ) 7:32 am, 3 May
34. up yours mate
at least he's giving it a go. ralm 4:03 pm, 2 Apr
flynn27 (30 ) 7:33 am, 3 May
35. lol thats my man!!!
& he got a well paying job!! I'm so proud of him,it can be done.
ralm (115 ) 8:53 am, 3 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------36. ralm
congrates to hubby on getting his job when are you going over . Angie
farcough81 (10 ) 8:57 am, 3 May
38. good morning
very quiet in here today..hope you are all well..congrats to ralm`s hubby..woo hoo well done..
millyone21 (0 ) 11:58 am, 3 May
39. shame
on them. There was so much good info in the last thread too. I wondered why I couldn't find you all. Been busy as this morning. Long Weekend in QLD for Labour Day on Monday, I'm working then too, but the $$ are worth it. Rained yesterday, fine today and rather hot. Will catch you all soon. Haave fun everyone.
pet61 (0) 3:35 pm, 3 May
40. Im SO proud of Angie. hahaha!
Boy Visitation was a treat (silly tart showed up)All was well for the first half hour, then tarts eldest son showed. Angie chipped him for his language and it went to hell in a hand cart from there!!More fur flying at the playground than I have plucking possums in the wind. So with the threats of damage to our persons we left and now I will be writting to her Lawyer,(Got to cover our butt)so the next visit in a fortnight should be a beauty!! " Ringside seats anyone." Steve.
farcough81 (10 ) 3:46 pm, 3 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------41. ......
bumping. were is everyone tonight.
farcough81 (10 ) 6:54 pm, 3 May
42. farcough
might have to get myself a few bottles,and pull myself up a chair...should be a very ineteresting visit in a fortnight..ill be ready:)
millyone21 (0 ) 7:23 pm, 3 May
43. we just got home
been to hockey,Ashlee had her first game,really enjoyed it too..met some girls..they lost 2-0 but Ashlee happy as this arvo..yahhh
millyone21 (0 ) 7:24 pm, 3 May
44. ambulance
just roared up the road..siren/lights all going...scary!!!
millyone21 (0 ) 7:25 pm, 3 May
45. hi all
hows everyones day going,,anyone want to go to work for me tonight? just sent you a bebo msg milly..
alphafifteen (0) 7:47 pm, 3 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------46. wohooo
just got home from the RSA i won 7 meat raffles wohoo...meant to get 0 tonight-ouch.means jack frost might pay us a visit.
fluffyminx (42 ) 8:43 pm, 3 May
47. oooo goodie
barbie at fluffy,s house lol, you will have eaten it all by the time the weather warms up enough for a barbie, bloody freezin here...
alphafifteen (0) 9:12 pm, 3 May
48. im actually looking at
hugging the heater im so cold.all else fails theres always hubby in bed, oh by the way i saw his ex today up from south,just give her the glare boy did she make a hasty exit gutless buck tooth wench-nice arent i.lol well shes at the mo creating rife thats not nessary arrghh i feel better.lol.
fluffyminx (42 ) 9:28 pm, 3 May
49. hey there
some advise from me who i have just moved over is ya need at least 20k for a family of 3. the first day ya need to do tfn medicare card,bluecard,have heqps of paperwork from nz. or make sure you get a bank account etc.
matokoroa (189 ) 9:32 pm, 3 May
50 . Just thought
I would capture the 50!!! and say very cold here in Turangi those three large protruberances close by are covered in the white stuff, wind chill is very cold!!! Happy Sunday everybody.
dobbsygal (1066 ) 12:04 am, 4 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty post 51 to 76

Post  grandsangel Sun May 04, 2008 7:05 am

51. sorry guys
but im sitting here..boiling..its a muggy old night here in kal tonight..been in shorts all day,went to hockey and got sunburnt.lol..ken home,laughing his head off watching "whose line is it anyway"?
millyone21 (0 ) 12:27 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------52. Where is
Kal?
suzieq68 (2708 ) 12:31 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------53. Kal
is in Western Australia, 6 hrs east inland from Perth. Basically in the middle of the desert, but its great, everything you could want is here, only thing is you have to travel 4 hrs to the beach!!! But hey its all good.
weena29 (196 ) 2:45 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------54. Hi everyone!
My 'darling' son has managed to break my PC so I'm on DHs laptop. Took the hard drive into the shop this morning and begged the kind geek to fix it for me and it was REALLY important as it has ALL my business info on it. I think it was very hard for him not to laugh when he asked me if I had back up discs like he told me to last time...
kelly8 (149 ) 3:47 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------55. joehanna did John get scared and run away
to Perth because I was having a Tupperware party tomorrow??? lol. milly who is Ashlee playing hockey for? Quit the job yet? weena, still have to get around to putting a name to a face, and I'm pretty sure the name isn't 'weena' anyway! Well I must go, promised my friend scones at the party tomorrow. If you can make it, 2pm, 38 Bracklemann
kelly8 (149 ) 3:50 am, 4 May
56. good morning all
kelly..yes.ill be there..lol..not just cause of scones either..lol..havent been to a tupperware party in years..and like meeting new people..and yes..ive quit..lololol.. weena..how you doing?? gee you girls,its a warm night aye,,pheeeeew..2.31a.m here,and im up..
millyone21 (0 ) 6:29 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------57. woops
Ashlee plays for Peagus`s..red and white..
millyone21 (0 ) 6:30 am, 4 May
58. Darn Kids
Its 6.30 am and the wind chill here at the moment is shocking!! I have just lite the fire (thats something I dont do unless its cold)Two kids wrapped in a blanket on the sofa watching tv and grumbling that they are hungry and cold.(oh go catch a rabbit)Always gets Issy going. (blond and female so what so you expect?? NOT MUCH!! Better get some Kai under way and kick Angie out of the scratcher, Lazy sod can sleep through anything. Have a good day people Im going to!! Steve.
farcough81 (10 ) 6:47 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------59. farcough
at this stage,if you were in Kal,i dont think you would need a fire going..just been outside and its still muggy as...have a good day..and....dont kick angie to hard..Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 6:51 am, 4 May
60. Milly
What the heck are you doing up at this hour!! Late night or early morning?its only 2 am for you. OH! now IMm in trouble Angie has just fallen out of bed!Time for me to head for the hiolls for a couple of hours and murder some possums.lolCatch up later gal. Steve.(hope she has settled down after yesterday.MAN it was fun to watch.)
farcough81 (10 ) 7:03 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------61. lolol steve
poor angie..no idea what im for,but it been a warm night,no point in going back to bed,ken up in a minute,so have made his lunch,made his breaky,(it sitting in warming drawer) so ive score some browny points this morning already..Smile he shouldnt have many more days and he on a break again...little bit hard to keep up with,as at the moment he is surposed to be on nightshift,but due to lack of men!!!!!!! he on days still..so he finding out today when he got his days off..This time next week,we will wake up in our own home.Neice and her new hubby due home after 2months away on wednesday morning..so they are going to have to out up with "old aunty ngaire" for a few days..hehe
millyone21 (0 ) 8:05 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------62. thought so Milly
I took Morgan in yesterday to get some craft stuff for him to make a card for his step Mum in Melbourne and there was a very bored uninterested teenage greeter on the door instead of your pretty face. It's 4am and I'm up, Carter has a temp and is in bed with me. Needed to get up for a bit of air because he needs to sleep right on top of me for some reason!
kelly8 (149 ) 8:05 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------63. heya kelly
geepers you are up in the middle of the night Smile HA HA john didnt mention the tupperware party think he just felt like hes getting nowere in kal so needed to get out then come back again and try again on monday if that makes any sence. I am asking my boss today if i can have some time off not this week but next week and fly over its not gona be a cheep venture but hey!!!
joehannaa (262 ) 8:30 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------64. he does seem to be getting a little down
frustrated or whatever but it will happen. I get the feeling he just really wants it all sorted for you guys, you know that pressure our men feel sometimes to be the provider, lol. If you come over will you go to Perth or come to Kal? Be good to meet you. Will be expensive but hey. If you fly to Melbourne you can get a direct flight to Kal through Skywest. They don't fly everyday though.
kelly8 (149 ) 8:39 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------65. yeah he does i talked to him last night
and he feels like he needs to get everything sorted b4 we come over and its not happenning. ive told him not to give up and it will happen. Smile i think he just needs to be patient but hes a male so hey!! yea i have found some flights return from welly to perth for 989 so i thought that was pretty reasonable consiering its next sunday, i would come to kal! it would be great to meet you, are there any good motels around? anyways i better go to work you enjoy that tupperware party and i hope your son gets better soon. have a good day.
joehannaa (262 ) 8:45 am, 4 May
66. thanks for that abut the direct flite
i will have a look into that this afternoon as that may work out better than having to find another flight from perth to kal. Smile
joehannaa (262 ) 8:47 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------67. yeah it's a matter of shopping around
for flights sometimes, if you can get a cheap flight to Melb it's great, otherwise that Wgtn-Pth flight is cheap. Heaps of nice hotels around and good restaurants too. I do know John's CV has been put to the top of the pile for any drillers offsiders jobs coming up at hibby's work, just a matter of one coming free and that usually happens quite regularly.
kelly8 (149 ) 8:53 am, 4 May
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------68. hibby???
hUbby, back to bed for me
kelly8 (149 ) 8:59 am, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------69. Joeanna
will give shay a ring and see how Kenny got on with his interview .There could be a job there ??? will get back to you later .Angie
farcough81 (10 ) 8:59 am, 4 May
70. hi guys
how is your sunday. Kelly did you make date scones, I might have tried to get there if I could be sure. Farcough, what a joke, over bad language in front of the children, must be a terrible women. Hope you are all managing to stay as warm as possible, not bad here today, overcast and a bit cooler for now. Stay happy
pet61 (0) 1:18 pm, 4 May
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------71. hi pet
was getting worried,i couldnt find the thread,but you must of been posting pet..hehe..thought we had lost another one..all good..it nice here,breeze bit cooler,but nice..im off to my neices,to return the hockey uniform for her game this arvo..have a good one everyone...Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 1:21 pm, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------72. we going
to a friends house for Sunday roast meal deal, have a few beers, watch football and sleep over coz we can't drink and drive. Have fun everyone. Johanna please tell your hubby to hang in there, a job will come his way in time. I am sure with all the positives that have been posted in these threads, he will succeed. Just time and patience is needed. Bye for now
pet61 (0) 1:29 pm, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------73. Joehanna
Have been in touch with Shay, she doesnt know how Ken got on with his job interview,seems that she has been going one way and he the other for a day or so and they havent had time to stop and talk.(he is on nights, shes on days) But will keep you informed as soon as we know. HEY PET, just had a look and we have hit 8c for the day.(break out the shorts)it is COLD and miserable here,raining light South wind that dont go round just straight through, It was even cold in the bush when I was getting my possums. WENNA, Just to be NASTY,NOT NICE AND HORRID!! we got venison for dinner.Nice young spiker,Back steaks for anyone with mushrooms and all the nice things along with a glass or five of wine. (wonder what Angie is wanting) Steve.
farcough81 (10 ) 3:49 pm, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------74. Don't worry guys
our "kiwis on the gold coast" thread always get booted off i think we're on Chapter 4...LOL.
fanta37 (186 ) 4:09 pm, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------75. Geez Steve,
thanks for that, wish I was have vension for dinner!!!! But instead I am doing the house work while hubby has taken the girls to the open day at the Mining Hall of Fame, and I have a bloody cold which is knocking me fo a six as well. Wendy tell your hubby to hang in there, something will happen, as Kelly said his CV has been bumped to the top at RUC, thats the way to do it here, I am sure things will get better.
weena29 (196 ) 4:55 pm, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------76. matokoroa ........ you mentioned you need 20k
when you get to kal for a family of three? is this true? we planning to make the move mid june... how hard is it to get a TFN? Whats a blue card? Also, for those that are in Kal ie Kelly, Milly? What is the cost of living like over there not property wise but food, power, phone etc wise? Is it similar to here in NZ - Any of this info would be greatly appreciated.
vamoose (52 ) 5:11 pm, 4 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty post 77 to

Post  grandsangel Mon May 05, 2008 6:25 am

77 hi guys
hey kelly,sorry i didnt come today,feel like "xxxx"..if i could be sick,think id feel better,dizzy,headace,tummy gurgling..blah blah..i been in bed all arvo..hope it went ok
millyone21 (0 ) 9:01 pm, 4 May
TFN number is easy to get. Just do it online at www.ato.gov.au. Living costs in Kal are comparable for us to what we were paying in NZ. Food is about the same, power is cheaper, phone a bit dearer I think (pay for local calls), would depend on where you come from in NZ I guess.
kelly8 (149 ) 9:09 pm, 4 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------79. oh and I have no idea at all
what a blue card is. We don;t have one and been here for 3 years so I'm assuming whatever it is we don't need it!
kelly8 (149 ) 9:10 pm, 4 May
80. Milly no problem, hope you feeling better soon
nothing wiorse than an unpredictable tummy! It went well, sales were quite good I think, consultant seemed happy. If you wanted to look at a catalogue I've got one. I'm putting another order in next week for a couple of friends that couldn't make it today.
kelly8 (149 ) 9:12 pm, 4 May
81. i think the blue card
is like a site safe card in new zealand you need one to work on most large construction sites in aus
fireman312 (22 ) 9:23 pm, 4 May
82. must be warmer there than here
my hall is freezing feels 1 degrees and its raining and heater on isnt even making it warm in here...gee i hate winter!
fluffyminx (42 ) 9:23 pm, 4 May
83. fluffy
i saw on the weather for tomorrow,kalgoorlie expecting 27 degrees...nice nice..kelly,i still feel like hmmmmm when i was just shutting the blinds,they were swimging back and fourth,and so was i..ok sitting,standing aint fun..ill look at book,carnt promise anything,as i really need to be in the house,so can see hight of cupboards etc in the pantry,,ive no idea..lol
millyone21 (0 ) 9:47 pm, 4 May
84. some sites dont require HR licence
I went to BHP MT KEITH site last week.Was told HR was not needed because it was a private site and you only need the licence if you are driving on public roads.Hope this helps someone.
tfc01 (165 ) 1:58 am, 5 May
85. morning
hope everyone is well,and warm..i feel slightly better this morning,got to as i have a few jobs today..5 "sleeps" till we move into our own home..woo hoo..how are all the men going,looking for work??? good i hope.
millyone21 (0 ) 9:28 am, 5 May
86. Hey Milly do you want a laugh!!
I dont know if you are into Duck shooting.Score at the moment for SOUTH ISLAND is Hunters NIL DUCKS 2. Some dopey Female shot herself in the foot and a bloke (just as dopey) shot himself in the elbow. Both needed Hospital treatment.(should have gone to a Vet!) Hope you are feeling a lot better today gal. Steve
farcough81 (10 ) 10:33 am, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------87. hehehe
gee steve..there are some silly people out there aye....just another sleep,and feel much better,maybe a bug going around..thanks for the thought..Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 11:46 am, 5 May
88. milly what time does it get dark there?
and i also found in a job paper for the mines!johanna might be good 4 ya hubby.www.minejobsaustralia.com they are seeking kiwis for..UNSKILLED WORKERS,$1600 in the hand weekly 12 hr shifts 9 days on 5 days off.remote mines QLD/WA.kitchen hands,laundryhands,cleaners,watertruck and dump truck drivers,shot firers,blast hole drillers,electrician and carpenter assistants,housekeepers,diesel mechanics,chefs,shovel and all plant operators,boilermakers,surveryassistants,survery assistants,cleaners,bar workers,geoligist&survey workers,all trade assistants.*drug and medical check req l,og expression of interest to the website to get a info pack.so there you go guys.
fluffyminx (42 ) 12:23 pm, 5 May
89. and also..
in brizzy wanted,cnc machine centre operator,cnc lathe operator,fitter and turner,hydralic assembler,also, dairy farm job in tassy,they screaming us good ole kiwis.
fluffyminx (42 ) 12:25 pm, 5 May
90. hey milly while im at it please
would you mind asking or anyone else for that matter do they have after school childcare and how much for a 10 yr old ta.
fluffyminx (42 ) 12:27 pm, 5 May
91. fluffy
heard that the y.m.c.a do that,thou not sure about what ages..i no a lady that her 6 year girls goes there,3 days a week..
millyone21 (0 ) 1:08 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------92. ummmm
ken gets home around 6.45,dark then..as he said this morning,i hardly see the place in daylight..but just the time of year aye..going to 27 degrees today,so complaints here..**mental note to myself,make sure i check aircon when we do final inspection of house tonight..**Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 1:10 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------93. why do you have to check the air con...lol
well daughter has a hat on,gas heater going in lounge and its freezing its raining,cold windy she has asthma.cant wait to be in warmer weather.still got my headache slightly.i didnt get enough sleep as hubby said i snored so he kept waking me,lol but i never used to snore till iw ent on these kelp pills i ge tbetter sleep and feel good,lol poor hubby.
fluffyminx (42 ) 1:13 pm, 5 May
94. hello everyone
Long weekend here, but I am at work, someone has to do it. Had 2mm rain about 6am this morning, not bad out there now. Blue card is a safety induction for the construction industry, mainly Qld I think. WA does have one not sure what they have in the other states. Stay warm all you poor people on the wrong side of the Tasman.
pet61 (0) 1:20 pm, 5 May
95. maybe everyone should suggest to trademe to
include "moving overseas" as a topic
camtay (36 ) 1:21 pm, 5 May
96. fluffy YMCA do before and after school
care, so do a couple of the daycares. Don't know exact prices but quite reasonable from what I've heard from parents that use it. Re: aircon, make sure you get it serviced if it's evapourative. Summer start up service, they check the pads, pump, etc and service it for summer. Winter shutdown service they empty the pump/pipes of water and shut it down. Very important to do this because in winter if the water isn't turned off the pipes could freeze and burst and also if the water sits in their all winter and you start using it again in summer there's the risk of Legionaires Disease.
kelly8 (149 ) 1:24 pm, 5 May
97. also fluffy re asthma
my son and I both are asthmatics but guess what, since moving here neither one of us has had an attack and under the supervision of our GP we don't even take ANY medication anymore. I still get a bit chesty if I get a cold but I can live with that. Everytime I go back home, bang! can't breathe!
kelly8 (149 ) 1:27 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------98. kelly thats interesting reading of the pumps
yes its the cold here and change of season why she gets asthma.it worries me.i nearly lost her age 2 with asthma.hense why im so protective of her as i lost a baby age 3 days and wont want to lose her.we got a heatpump here but use rarely.thanks for the childcare info,ive never used childcare with her due to me doing school hours but,i might have to do a bit longer in ozz.its also the dust ans dry dusty conditions set her off to.she was on predidisone and she kinda gained weight from it,doesnt look like my wee brie with weight,lol.
fluffyminx (42 ) 1:34 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------99. fluffy sorry for your baby, I couldn't imagine
that pain *hugs*. Of course it may not be the same for your daughter but with my son and I it was damp and cold that set us off. The air being so dry here helps us.
kelly8 (149 ) 1:37 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------100. just grab the hundy
while I'm here...
kelly8 (149 ) 1:46 pm, 5 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty post 101 to 125

Post  grandsangel Mon May 05, 2008 10:21 am

101 . i was reading that mine website i posted
theres some good info.makes me wanna pack up now.there is also there is a form to fill our for an application.cant wait to show hubby as he has lots of exp esp in survey.geology,grader,loader,truck exp has almost all licenses.
fluffyminx (42 ) 1:59 pm, 5 May
102. ha ha
just laughing at the duck (self) shooters. You have venison, I might have kangaroo steak. Buy it marinated from supermarket, is nice for a change and good for you.
pet61 (0) 2:56 pm, 5 May
103. You are so right Pet
Have had Wallaby and love it. Very low fat and tasty to boot.We have heaps of them around here and now you have got the juices running again.If it stops raining I just might go and get one.(spotlight them)I do sometimes get them in my traps to.It is something I am going to miss in Aus.thats going out and having a weekend hunt. The goats around Kal are stupid things and dont offer much of a challenge,you can run them down off a MX bike.(but they are tasty too. Have a good feed gal Steve.
farcough81 (10 ) 4:42 pm, 5 May
104. hi all Smile
im coming to kal next monday Smile yay i so cant wait to see what kal is like and oh yea of course see hubby. Its his birthday next week so ive told him to think of it as a birthday pressie!! ha ha anyways hope everyone has had a good day. I will have to come in to the cafe weena and try out your hot chocs.
joehannaa (262 ) 7:15 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------105. #76
we are on the gold cost be may be moving to toowoomba in next few weeks.tfn is tax file number that ya need and a medicare card is for when u go to the dr. yo can apply for tfn once u here in aussie and medicare card here also as long as ya have the right documents. took us 6 weeks allup to get our stuff. blue card is what most employrs want when working like constructon. if ya going to the mines ya need to do the mining induction course also
matokoroa (190 ) 7:43 pm, 5 May
106. hi guys
weena,we come in to see you today..but no weena today..had a good chat to one of the young girls,she going to keep a ear out for any jobs for Ashlee. Her and i had a busy day,new phone number,e.mail addy,power/phone now to ring foxtell..going for final inspection tonight..ashlee and i are excited aye,as she wants to see her room(size,colours etc) as neither of us can remember,and i want to do some measureing in the kitchen..Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 8:12 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------107. and ken
well,im sure he will need to work out,where the dartboard/pool table/beer fridge etc etc are all going...pfffftt..he can need..hahaha Ashlee asked me today,can we get a pool...im like yeah righttttt..a paddling pool..
millyone21 (0 ) 8:14 pm, 5 May
108. Sorry Milly,
but I have a cold and was feeling like absolute crap yesterday, so I rung in and said I wouldn't be in today, bloody cold, but at least my nose has stopped running today, just have a really chesty cough. Wendy will be great to meet you if you come in you had better ask for Rayween instead of weena, you might get some funny looks otherwise,lol!!! Oh well back to work tomorrow. Have a goodnight all.
weena29 (196 ) 9:21 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------109. rawyeen will be great to meet you to
bugger you havent been feeling well! hope you get better soon.
joehannaa (262 ) 9:32 pm, 5 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------110. hehe
cause thats who i asked for wendy...i said "is weena,oh i mean rayween in?" hehe:) when i asked for you today,i asked for you by name...told the girl how we come to meet..lol
millyone21 (0 ) 10:12 pm, 5 May
111. milly i was thinking what i would call her LOL
at least now i know. hope you had a good day milly.
joehannaa (262 ) 10:14 pm, 5 May
112. and yuck
poor you having a cold,my bro that lives here,has been coughing too,really chesty..i still feel "not 100%"..light headed,dizzy,funny tummy..just weird..my neice and both her girls that live here in kal,been vomiting..not pleasant..
millyone21 (0 ) 10:14 pm, 5 May
113. yep
got lots done..all ready now to move on in...agent just rang,tells me house is ours at 2.30p.m thursday...grrr so why do we have to wait till saturday..i no they cleaning the carpets on friday but but but...
millyone21 (0 ) 10:16 pm, 5 May
114. wendy
hope to catch up with you when you are here next week...we could meet at the coffee shop maybe...Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 10:20 pm, 5 May
115. crikey u no i couldnt find this thread anywhere!
thought was gone again...glad its alive and kicking.hows everyone we are fine and dandy yet cold,lol.
fluffyminx (42 ) 10:22 pm, 5 May
116. hi angie
no,we still here..carnt get rid of us that quick aye..:)im ok..would love to feel better but ill come right..how are you??
millyone21 (0 ) 10:23 pm, 5 May
117. was spose to get to 27degrees today
it was hot,unsure what it got too,then heard them say 29 for tomorrow..weird..lol..but i love the "weird" temp..
millyone21 (0 ) 10:24 pm, 5 May
118. better go
and make myself beautiful..(bit late for that) anyway,the peole we brought house off,are going to be there for us to meet..so dont want to look like i feel..be back later on..
millyone21 (0 ) 10:27 pm, 5 May
119. milly that would be fantastic
we could arrange to meet at weenas (rayweens) coffee shop. hubby phoned me this arvo and is sounding heaps happier he picked up a job at mcdonalds to keep him busy and today sat his learners truck drivers licence. its getting realy cold here and i cant wait for the 27 deg you are talking about YAY.
joehannaa (262 ) 10:27 pm, 5 May
120. LOL,
I now answer to a few names over here, I am in the same boat as Milly, they can't say my name right. Wendy I think Kelly's hubby will put in a good word or two for your hubby and it won't be long and things will fall into place. In our first week in Kal, our car that we brought in Perth crapped out, our youngest ended up in hospital as she fell off a ladder, and she landed on a concrete floor. Good things though hubby had a job and the kids settled in straight away and we found a house within a week!!!! Which isn't a easy task nowadays. Or even better we could meet at the dome after school gets out and Kelly could come along as well!!!!
weena29 (196 ) 12:14 am, 6 May
121. ew, Dome has gross coffee!
lol, but the company will be good so of course I'll be there. Smile
kelly8 (149 ) 1:07 am, 6 May
122. I wouldn't know
about the coffee tasting yuck Kelly, I am a hot chocolate girl myself,lol!!! Well there is also Gloria Jeans or Monty's, where else Kelly my cold head isn't working properly,lol!!! Think I might go and take a cuppa tea to bed and watch abit more telly, nighty, night all!!
weena29 (196 ) 1:49 am, 6 May
123. ah they're all much of a muchness
I'm rather a coffee snob so I'm probably just being too picky! lol. Anytime is good for me anyway, if it's after school hours I'll have to bring Mr8 and he costs too much to take out, he he. Wendy you'll be in town when I have a get together at my house for the new range launch, come along!
kelly8 (149 ) 1:51 am, 6 May
124. bumping so it doesnt get lost.
its -3 this morn! on the radio queenstown had -5.i can tell i seen a white jack frost this morn and he can go back where he came from!lol..of to work now so catch u guys tonight have a good day.
fluffyminx (42 ) 10:26 am, 6 May
125. good morning all
how are you all today..did our final inspection..o.m.g we are even moe excited(it thats possible) havent been back to bed this morning,am washing sheets etc..and changing rooms,ready for the "honeymooners" Smile to come home tomorrow..
millyone21 (0 ) 10:44 am, 6 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty post 126 to 150

Post  grandsangel Wed May 07, 2008 6:26 am

126. Good on you Milly
New house, new life & warm all very exciting. Its been very cold here in Turangi, snow on the Kaimanawa's not to mention the mountains!! Plus mega rain.
dobbsygal (1066 ) 10:48 am, 6 May
127. hi everyone
I don't know how you lot in NZ manage to leave your homes, far too cold. Not nice here in FNQ either, bit rainy, very overcast, shite really. But at least its not cold. I have on Tracky dacks, flanno and slippers. YUK.
pet61 (0) 11:08 am, 6 May
128. morning all,
1 more night of work to go, then I,ll be awake,, I know what your saying pet, was -2 degree,s when I left work at 7-15am, brrr, my car was iced over, tipped water on windows & when I got home 25mins later there was ice all down the sides of my car, bloody freezing i tell you, this is only May, still got some months to go!!!!
alphafifteen (0) 11:14 am, 6 May
129. sorry
Your not feeling well milly, not the nine month illness? Good on you Johanna, do you have children. Have a good trip and a safe and happy arrival in this wonderful land of the living.
pet61 (0) 11:28 am, 6 May
130. That's alright Kelly
I will have to bring my two and they will be happy with something to drink and eat. Feeling heaps better today so thats good, have a good day everyone.
weena29 (196 ) 11:36 am, 6 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------131. Hi everyone
Well I did it, I booked my tickets today. We (my 6 yr old and myself) will officaly be in Australia on 8/6/2008!! Cant wait Smile
tylarsmum (26 ) 12:06 pm, 6 May
132. achievement
for the day tylersmum Well done and good on you. Where you going?
pet61 (0) 12:09 pm, 6 May
133. To join all
the other kiwis in Kal lol, my partner has been over there for 3 weeks and has got a good job so here we come!
tylarsmum (26 ) 12:11 pm, 6 May
134. wonderful
will be like an unrelated family reunion soon. Have fun and enjoy your life in Oz.
pet61 (0) 12:13 pm, 6 May
135. I got
a passport application form yesterday. My friend is CEO sec at the council, so asked her to get the citizenship papers for me as well. My Grandmother was born in Ballarat, so I guess it must be time I become half Australian. We have got anew Mayor now as well, I didn't like the last one to do the ceremony.
pet61 (0) 12:17 pm, 6 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------136. Tylarsmum,
what is your hubby doing? Has he found a house yet? Yeah another kiwi in Kal!!!
weena29 (196 ) 12:19 pm, 6 May
137. He is off-siding
for a bloke named Matt, dont know anymore details lol. He hasnt got a house yet, he was waiting to see what date etc we were coming over first.
tylarsmum (26 ) 12:24 pm, 6 May
138. hi guys
im feeling back to being me.."ngaire"...good job,seen as i have set myself this task of "going mad",and cleaning..the washing machine is getting a good work out..what i want to no is....why do men wear something once,and then screw it up,leave under a pile of clean clothes.???????..ive just had to wash a big pile of clothes that belong to the man that lives here with me.....grrrr @ ken...Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 1:47 pm, 6 May
139. alpha
what were you doing up at that hour??? your surposed to be snoreing your little head off..lol..sorry but gota say..its hot,the sky is blue as, little bit of breeze(nice) washing flapping about out there..alpha,stacey wants to no what it`ll be like (the weather) when she comes in late august/early sept???
millyone21 (0 ) 1:50 pm, 6 May
140. tylarsmum
you will be here in time,to come to our "housewarming party"...hehe yahooo another kiwi...i told you guys my neice and her man,are coming here to live in Klagoorlie too..hehe
millyone21 (0 ) 1:53 pm, 6 May
141. so excited
my spelling all wonky...Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 1:53 pm, 6 May
142. kelly what night is your new range launch?
i would love to come. pet yes i have an 8 year old daughter who is staying behind in nz while i come over next week. Im so excited its gona be a long flight on monday by my self but it will be worth it.
joehannaa (262 ) 4:01 pm, 6 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------143. It's Thursday the 15th
I was thinking everyone that is here already if we could meet while you were here and go for tea. Somewhere like the Albion, good ol pub meals, cheap and big!
kelly8 (149 ) 4:17 pm, 6 May
144. milly when is your niece moving to kal?
yay i bet you are excited more family and more kiwis in kal..
joehannaa (262 ) 4:17 pm, 6 May
145. move move
do it the coldest it's been this year in the gold coast is "12deg" LOL actually had blankets that nite!! anyone thinking of moving check out www.movingtoaussie.com for all the pro-cons / info on the big move. 26deg today :p
hipsi_nz (222 ) 4:35 pm, 6 May
146. tylarsmum,
what company is hubby working for?
ralm (115 ) 4:52 pm, 6 May
147. hey
any of you girls/boys got your HR licence,if so shoot round to chandler mcleod`s would ya..they got a job for you..
millyone21 (0 ) 7:05 pm, 6 May
148. hey kelly
i like your thinking..a good old pub meal is a great idea..Im in...lol
millyone21 (0 ) 7:06 pm, 6 May
149. i like your thinking to LOL
you cant beat good old pub meals!!! count me in.
joehannaa (262 ) 7:08 pm, 6 May
150. Hey Milly
I do, what is the job and could I do it during school hrs? Sorry about the q's, but waiting to hear from the superpit as well, applied for a hot seating job, and boy are they so slack at getting in touch or trying to get hold of them. And waiting to hear from the two that I applied for last week as well.
weena29 (196 ) 9:12 pm, 6 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty Re: Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++

Post  grandsangel Wed May 07, 2008 6:42 am

151. weena
jobs gone,sorry darlin..i got it..im so excited..its the job driving the bread truck that ken did for 2 days when we first got here..my sis in law said they were desperate..(i start tomorrow) that why i asked on here..
millyone21 (0 ) 9:46 pm, 6 May
152. 5.30a.m start
which as you all no,wont be a problem for me..and finish around 12.30..mon wed & fri mornings..yusss...i had to sit a test,got 26 out of 27..pretty good for a old tart like me..Smile
millyone21 (0 ) 9:47 pm, 6 May
153. well done how exciting...
so u handing in ya door job milly.
fluffyminx (42 ) 9:51 pm, 6 May
154. Good on ya
Milly, hope you have fun doing it!! Are you going to still work at K-Mart as well?
weena29 (196 ) 9:53 pm, 6 May
155. i hated that job
hated how there are so many theiving people in the town,hated the way i was spoken too(staff and customers) so quit last friday..lol..what pushed me to leave the most,was the fact,no one walked with me out the door to my car.god only knows who was waiting for me(after kicking half kal out of the shop) so i rang and said I QUIT..lol..
millyone21 (0 ) 9:59 pm, 6 May
156. not very professional
but..i was so upset,and also very scared..i dont mind admitting that..
millyone21 (0 ) 10:01 pm, 6 May
157. I think
that is fair enough Milly, you think that everyone would leave together and at least get escorted to your cars, especailly on a Thursday night!!! Hey, did Ashlee go back to school?
weena29 (196 ) 10:08 pm, 6 May
158. awe milly hope you are ok.
well at least you get to drive around kal now and see the place.there will be more openings for ya.xxx
fluffyminx (42 ) 10:13 pm, 6 May
159. Milly,
can you take me with you ,please,lol!!!! Nevermind I will bide my time until something else comes up,lol!!! Any way have a goodnight all.
weena29 (196 ) 12:02 am, 7 May
160. good morning everyone
I,ve just finished 6 nights of nightshift, whew, 5 nights is enough for this old chick, now I,m off to bed, we have a frost but not a heavy one & looks like the sun will shine,, have a great day everyone,,
alphafifteen (0) 8:06 am, 7 May
161. Good Morning all
Well I am on a high today bouncing off the walls ,Saved a 1 year old life last night not offen we get to do that . Hope you all are having a great day as well . Angie
farcough81 (10 ) 8:30 am, 7 May
162. Ralm
Im not too sure what company he works for, all I know is the boss is called Matt. Not much help am I lol
tylarsmum (26 ) 10:16 am, 7 May
163. good on you angie
and milly you have to look after numer1 sounds like nowone else would, oh and the last job a left only gave an hours notice lol as you can se by the time i'm writting this i'm still off work, well must be time to do the vacuming lol
samthepalmyman (2 ) 1:40 pm, 7 May
164. were is
everyone today hope you are all well . Milly how did the job go this morning find all the placers you had to call on . What a great way to explore a new place . Angie
farcough81 (10 ) 6:05 pm, 7 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty post 165 to 200

Post  grandsangel Fri May 09, 2008 10:28 am

im...
here

fireman312 (22 ) 7:21 pm, 7 May

166. milly soon you will be driving a
dump truck ha ha

samthepalmyman (2 ) 8:38 pm, 7 May

167. Milly
there must be something in the air!!! I walked out this arvo in the middle of the lunch rush, just couldn't take it any more, so I am banging on doors tomorrow looking for a job!!!!! So Wendy, don't go there looking for me next week as I won't be there!!!

weena29 (196 ) 10:02 pm, 7 May

168. hiya sounds like you had a crap day then
rayween, all the best for job hunting tomorrow. milly how did your first day go?? only 5 sleeps till im in kal, then when i get home only 34 till i move over with steph and my sister in law.

joehannaa (263 ) 10:30 pm, 7 May

169. LOL!!!
Wendy, yeah you could say that!!! I have never done that before, just walked out, but I just couldn't take it any more. Hope to catch up with you when you are in town, but who knows what I will be doing, you just have to laugh and get on with it,lol!!!

weena29 (196 ) 11:25 pm, 7 May

170. Wendy John and Lloyd have made plans to go to the
pub on the Thursday night I have my launch so you're stuck with me that night! You could be my model Wink

kelly8 (149 ) 11:53 pm, 7 May

171. Hey does anybody know about the...
double taxation laws? Someone tried to tell me that if I went to Aus and ever came back they could try tax my earnings from over there... AGAIN. It doesn't seem right with CER and all those deals in place? Anyone know?

adamhoopz (144 ) 12:46 am, 8 May

172. not really sure Adam but
I rang IRD when I was here and changed my status to 'non resident' and declared I'd have no NZ income, eg. rental, interest, shares, etc. Probably something best to talk to a tax specialist about or the IRD directly.

kelly8 (149 ) 1:39 am, 8 May

173. yay im happy to be stuck with you that night kelly
but i dont think you would want me as your model LOL. good on ya rayween fingers crossed for today Smile have a good day all.

joehannaa (263 ) 7:16 am, 8 May

174. when we came back from Perth in 1990
we had filled a final tax form in Oz & got a huge refund. Didn't have to declare in NZ, income earned in Oz. Don't see that it could have changed. I do know my SIL who lives in California & owns houses here, doesn't declare her NZ properties in US as they would tax her on them.

keenkiwi (760 ) 7:37 am, 8 May

175. crikey u both had bad luck with jobs
milly and weena, hope all works out for you both.Hope you both find good jobs, im going to be ont he job hunt too, it ell ya i work with 10 very very catty woman its bad.3 have left as of it...could do without that crap eh?

fluffyminx (42 ) 7:40 am, 8 May

176. good morning
hows everyone going today? my job yesterday was interesting,i enjoyed it,thou its a long drive.only have 5 drops offs of bread..told the family to call me"MRS GOODMAN FEILDER"..haha,as they were calling me ngaire breadtruck(remind you of anyone alpha)saw my very first LIVE KANGAROO yesterday,so was pretty excited about that,but saw plenty of dead ones too..im happy,its only 3 mornings a week,and my boss seemed happy to see "someone"/"anyone",as the main town where i drive havent had bread since last friday!!!

millyone21 (0 ) 9:00 am, 8 May

177. weena
o.m.g did you..ooooh im so proud of you..Smile hehe..you will get something else..hmmm now where am i going for a cuppa.. oh and as for ashlee,i am going to ring the school today,make a appointment to see someone.

millyone21 (0 ) 9:05 am, 8 May

178. bump

millyone21 (0 ) 10:28 am, 8 May

179. Hi everyone
yip Milly and I haven't done anything like that before. Bawled my eyes out but hey nevermind. Glad to hear that you had a good day yesterday Smile I avoided all calls last night and she left a message wanting to know what was going on!!! For godsakes if someone walks out what do you think is going on,lol!!! Going in to drop off uniform and collect final pay so watch this space.

weena29 (196 ) 11:40 am, 8 May

180. hello
good milly, i hope you enjoy your new job. Well weena, you have to do what you have to do what you have to do. I only "walked" once and gee I felt GOOD, the boss was a lazy beech. Cool this morning but really nice now, sunny and 28.

pet61 (0) 1:10 pm, 8 May

181. hey pet61 are you past mackay
was looking around and found a few jobs their (mackay) for my wife lol plus their are a few mines their, you no whats the weather like as no too humid.

samthepalmyman (2 ) 1:19 pm, 8 May

182. sam
once you get north of the tropic of capricorn it gets warmer, and a lot more humid as you get closer to the equator. Our summers are very humid and wet. I live between Cairns and Townsville, the wettest part of the country aveeraging 4metres of rain annually. I have lived in other places but love it here, well we live for the winter weather. Cheers.

pet61 (0) 1:25 pm, 8 May

183. mines
dysart, collinsville a bit further north. And of course MIM Mount Isa Mines, largest area for a city in oz. I'm not really familiar with the industry. A lot of staff left the local sugar mill to go to mining, heaps more money. Good luck just hurry up and get packin'

pet61 (0) 1:35 pm, 8 May

184. good to see every one fine and dandy
well i might look for another job, but with us going to ozz on 15 june i might not get he time off,so do i hang in there or what...sad i los tmy mate of 20 yrs but since she worked with me is een a different side and shes befriended everyone at work-thats sad really.im of to ge tmy daughter froms chool soon, just mightt ake the dog for some fresh air..check on later tonight.xxx

fluffyminx (42 ) 2:39 pm, 8 May

185. bump
where is everyone hiding.

pet61 (0) 4:01 pm, 8 May

186. joehanna some thing for john to ponder
TRAINEE TYRE FITTER Here's your chance to launch your career with one of Western Australia's leading tyre supplier. The successful applicants will be motivated and willing to learn all aspects of fitting and servicing tyres. Whilst experience is not necessary, you do need to be willing to undertake on-the-job training and upon successful completion of the required training program you will be awarded a national qualification [conditions apply]. The position is predominantly field service work, requiring extensive regional travel with weekends as required from time to time. This is a genuine career opportunity. Training opportunities that lead the industry will ensure your continued development with the organisation. To apply please email your resume to admin@advantagekalgoorlie.com

samthepalmyman (2 ) 5:38 pm, 8 May

187. thanks heaps sam
i have forwarded this to john many thanks

joehannaa (263 ) 6:15 pm, 8 May

188. .....
bumping

farcough81 (10 ) 8:43 pm, 8 May

189. hey steve/ange how did you get on in the weekend
with the visit? did she turn up?? any closer to finding out when you are going to kal?? hope you had a good day.

joehannaa (263 ) 8:45 pm, 8 May

190. Hi JoeHannaa
OH YEA!!!! She turned up and it ended in a "Cat scrap"to put it nicely.Angie chipped her eldest about his swearing around the kids,and everything went downhill from there.So we took the kids and left.We could still hear her screaming from the carpark as we loaded the kids into the van. Long and short is, We still have to wait until the 15th for her to do her Affidavit and then we file for Court date. Good news is!! Now she is "upset" there will be SO MUCH SHITE" in her Affidavit that we will be able to show her for what she really is.So thats a good thing. Waiting ,waiting, waiting. Steve,

farcough81 (10 ) 4:14 am, 9 May

191. joehanna lol
have a look under mining ea on this web site http://www.oneforce.com.au/

samthepalmyman (2 ) 12:37 pm, 9 May

192. g'day from Qld
still rather quiet in here, you all working too hard. Thank goodness its friday, had monday off but it seems to have been a long week. Blardy cool last night, sunshine now, but not really hot. Have fun everyone

pet61 (0) 3:04 pm, 9 May

193. Going home
now. Sneak off before the boss comes back and finds me more to do. Cheers

pet61 (0) 3:39 pm, 9 May

194. steve,whos kids do you have im a bit puzzled?
are they youre daughter in laws or some thing?doesnt the dad see them at all? I hate ex battles. ird wrongly assesed us and told us to take them to family court tog et it over turned.we did but ird adjourned it[shame on them!] anyway his ex got 22 grand of hubbys house money he sold for there wrong doing at our expense.yet shes still fighting for more thru family courts.and..we had a court order for ird not to touch it till it was sorted but they still did.so now we are in the process of sorting it! hense our return trip back at this stage.

fluffyminx (42 ) 3:40 pm, 9 May

195. thanks heaps sam for that link
hubby has emailed them so fingers crossed. weena how did you get on with finding a job?? are you looking for a job within the hospitality area? hope everyone has had a good day.

joehannaa (263 ) 4:55 pm, 9 May

196. Hi Wendy
not necessarily, still waiting to hear from the Superpit, and Blackwoods, but I am just cruising at the mo,but feel like I should be doing something,lol!!!! A few days off will probably help me get my head around things. Still waiting for my final pay, and I have already handed my uniform back as well.

weena29 (196 ) 5:35 pm, 9 May

197. Hi Fluffy
They are our Sons Children. He met her when he was going through a rough time and "the little head ruled the big head" hence the Twins. Aaron was her way of trying to hold him when they broke up.Eugene (our son) doesnt see the kids that often,he lives in Wellington and has another little girl to his "current partner"(we give up but hope he gets FIXED")He does ring and sends cards and pressies but its not the same as being here for them. Never mind at least these three are safe and loved and know that their Dad does think of them. Next weekend (the 16th)Tart has another visit,one she asked for from the Court. Im betting that she forgets and we will again have travelled to Whakatane for nothing.(heres hoping anyway) If she misses this one ,we wil apply to change the Order and have ALL Visitation Stopped, regardless of the Action we have going at the moment. Have a good evening gal, ALL things come to those who wait. Steve.

farcough81 (10 ) 6:10 pm, 9 May

198. crikey steve i take my hat of too you both!
esp since you guys as grandys are doing it.yes it snot easy,my hubbys bucktooth ex wont let him see his boys now 3 yrs,but she wants his money and more.court on 25 june for 2 hours so we will go once its done,just have to re-book tickets then hear nothing from her again! she isnt putting the kids interests at heart just thinks of herself.anyway...there out there.obviously your son doesn tmind u taking them to kal, i say good on you to get ahead and get out there and do it.hold your head high guys.

fluffyminx (42 ) 7:02 pm, 9 May

199. Fluffy
Are you still going to Kal next week?? I read you were meeting your Hubby in Perth and then going through,or is that now on hold?? ---- Boy!! you dont want to get me started on EXs I havent seen my two boys for over 20yrs. but hey that was a lifetime ago.Better things to look out for now.Shay and family have gone BUSH this weekend. She will scare the hell out of Kens mates that have gone to. She is ex Army Cadets Co.Sgt Major. and knows all the tricks of camping and building a safe,secure camp . Poor guys wont know which way is up ,and I bet she doesnt do a lick of work either. LOL Steve.

farcough81 (10 ) 7:21 pm, 9 May

200. Oh what the hell
Ill take it and stop the fight. 200

farcough81 (10 ) 7:23 pm, 9 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty post 200 to ?????

Post  grandsangel Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 am

no were not going to perth next week
we flying to goldcoast 25 june,was meant to be a 1 way ticket BUT..since we got court 25 june as shes fighting for 4 years worth of childsupport inadvance,we decided to go for a week get our eftpos card and come back 4 court till its sorted,she did all this after we booked it of course!shes already been given 22 grand from ird for wrongly asesing us that we are fighting for it to be righted then she owes it back.

fluffyminx (42 ) 7:27 pm, 9 May

202. so we are in the process of ird sorting this in
court too all coz of a greedy wench as she knew he sold his house from his last ex gf.im tlaking hell hubby is 54 soon cant they leave him alone,let the man own a house,but no they want his money one way or another.im sick of it hense why we moving to ozz.

fluffyminx (42 ) 7:30 pm, 9 May

203. Sorry only flicked through thread but returned
From a place called Coolgardie 6mths ago 18 kms or there a bout out of Kalgoorlie..so what was the want to know? Plenty of work not a lot of housing unless mines are providing and and good/great dollars to be made....and a lot of people going ther not prepared....not the tickets for the jobs available...cont...

anne1955 (636 ) 7:30 pm, 9 May

204. holey mackeral
its poooooring down here..lol.nice to hear the rain.of to nelson for shopping for girls clothes tomorrow,

fluffyminx (42 ) 7:33 pm, 9 May

205. cont..
Now don't get me wrong is a very interesting place to live..for the short term 5 years tops as a person before you go made Smile) now companys run courses for mine job coast around 600-1000AU and take varying times and yes plenty of money to be made BUT...need to go being able to live for say 6mths without income coming in. Cont...again Smile)

anne1955 (636 ) 7:34 pm, 9 May

206. might have been off base Other mines the same
Sorry as I said didn't read all posts..prior to replying but know people in mines around aussie and it seems to be the same eveywhere have a mate been in mines all his life an AU in his 50's and now back in Queensland and he tell me the same I lived as I said in Collgardie out of Kal and once your in your fine tickets same all over,,hope this helps..

anne1955 (636 ) 7:38 pm, 9 May

207. steve it's joehanna coming here next week
for a visit with the hubby, not fluffy.

kelly8 (149 ) 8:17 pm, 9 May

208. YAY yup its me coming next week
i cant wait to get away from this cold horrible weather. its raining quite hard her tonight. hubby told me not to bring any jerseys as its warm enough, but most of the people in kal think its cold!!!

joehannaa (263 ) 10:33 pm, 9 May

209. ann
how about going to http://kiwiinozmoving.heavenforum.org and add any information you have got, that would be very helpful. This is a site for kiwis who are in oz or are thinking about moving there so if you can add to what we already have there ,we would be grateful. THanks Angie

farcough81 (10 ) 10:38 pm, 9 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty post 210 to 246

Post  grandsangel Mon May 12, 2008 9:29 am

lol, he can't believe we don't get in the pool
It's too cold, only been 27-29 degrees!

kelly8 (149 ) 10:59 pm, 9 May

211. yeah he said to me that you dont use the pool
as its to cold!! i think we got to 12 today !!!! so 27-29 would be fantastic weather for a pool. LOL

joehannaa (263 ) 11:05 pm, 9 May

212. milly and weena
you keen for dinner at the Albion on Tuesday night? with Wendy and John and Lloyd & I?

kelly8 (149 ) 12:48 am, 10 May

213. Sorry Joehanna
I did get the two of you mixed. There are just too many women in my life right now,and being a mere male I get confused easy!!.(LOL)Have a great time.(If you want to get some BIG Brownie points,Take some Salt and vinegar chips over(the 12 pack bags)Weenas kids will love you. If truth be told Weena wil to)Just dont tell her I said so.(pop the outer bag ,its easier to carry) Have a good day folks Steve.

farcough81 (10 ) 3:09 am, 10 May

214. ha ha steve at least you can admit that you can
get confused easily being a mare male LOL. weena i sure can bring some salt n vinegar chips over for you kids (and you) if you would like. kelly is there anything you would like??? im realy looking forward to meeting you all Smile

joehannaa (263 ) 8:19 am, 10 May

215. Sorry kelly
I can't do the dinner thing but, might be able to come to your Intimo launch. Going to work at the gallery this morning so at least I still have one job,lol!!! Have a good day all.

weena29 (196 ) 11:34 am, 10 May

216. please please please please please please please
can you bring me over some Salsa flavoured Grainwaves. Thank you x1000

kelly8 (149 ) 2:25 pm, 10 May

217. Kelly
was that your letter to the editor in the Kalgoorlie Miner this morning? If it was it was very well done and straight to the point. I realise that they are heaps of people turning up expecting it to be easy going, but in truth you have to do your research and not just turn up with $500 in your pocket. I mean we did our research, visited first and came with plenty of money but we still had our up and downs and problems, and with no family here at times it was tough, but you move on and get through things. ANy how, just to say very well done, if it was you that wrote the letter!!!!! Geez that was a bit of a rant wasn't it,lol!!!! Hubby has the girls at netball and then this arvo we are having drinks and nibbles at friends that are moving back to NZ in a few weeks.

weena29 (196 ) 3:03 pm, 10 May

218. sure can kelly Smile
if there is anything else anyone wants just let me know!! hubby wants me to bring his pillow !!! yup hes a true man missing his pillow! ha ha ha enjoy your night out tonight kelly. Smile

joehannaa (263 ) 3:50 pm, 10 May

219. Kelly
You sound as bad a Shay was just before I went over last Dec. DAD!! Please Please bring some Burger rings and some Orange Twisties, some Watties tomatoe sauce and Marmite. I did, but forgot to put them in my luggage bag and had them taken off me going through the scan thing at Mangere. (Tom sauce and Marmite)I bought them on the way to the airport, and just chucked them in hand baggage. LOL See told you I cant multi task!! Fly and think NO SHOW!! Steve.

farcough81 (10 ) 3:50 pm, 10 May

220. Kelly Question for you.
Is Kal run by a SHIRE Council or DISTRICT Council or is it a TOWN Council?? I wish to find out some building info and dont know who to Address it to. Even on the map its only Admin Office.(Kal Boulder) thanks gal. Steve.

farcough81 (10 ) 3:59 pm, 10 May

221. out of curiosity
if you have food like that mentioned above,do you have to declare it? I'm going to store it in my brain to remember for when we go.

ralm (117 ) 4:13 pm, 10 May

222. yes you have to declare food
Steve the Council is called City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder. Here is their website http://www.kalbould.wa.gov.au/

kelly8 (149 ) 4:32 pm, 10 May

223. Thanks Kelly
Yeah I know about the food thing, I just forgot it was there and when I went through the detector thingy it showed up in my hand luggage.Not a prob but classed as Smearable so its a nogo, and into the bin it went. Shay was not happy. Steve.

farcough81 (10 ) 5:14 pm, 10 May

224. We can get Marmite here anyway??
Tell Shay that Hannans food mart has Twistees and Burger Rings and some kiwi biscuits too like Macaroons and Mallowpuffs. There is a stand by the checkouts with a NZ flag over it. The Twistees are called Curlies here. Also Lionel ST IGA has reduced cream and Maggi soup for good ol' kiwi dip!

kelly8 (149 ) 6:43 pm, 10 May

225. well us girls had a blast today!
hubby is in dunedin for rally racing,us girls went to nelson shopping! what bargains over there,puts us to shame for shopping.picked up some nice winter tops for 29$ plus 20% off! i got so much i was in my glory.daughter shopped at supre`.way cheaper than our supre` and more selection and pumpkin patch had huge sale buy 2 for $30.altho i get there emails instore was better!oh and all that walking i had to buy some new shoes @ $39 we were all walked out,the girls said wow this reminds us of shopping on ozzie,lol.we dont normally buy here as ole blenhole is expensive and no selection.I feel like the shopping queen now.-till we get to ozz.lol.

fluffyminx (42 ) 7:19 pm, 10 May

226. a pop in HI from PERTH
here I am on my own computer in our own home! yipee! We have been here 1 month now wow thats gone fast. Got the first house we applied for so ended up being atlot easier than expected. Just about emptied all the boxs. One bit of advise from me, think twice about being gear over we have had so many things broken in our container of household items. Miss 3s dressing table ended up with a broken leg big crack in the back, things are alot cheaper here if you look around if i was to do it again, i'ld sell up and buy new here..

vickip2 (525 ) 10:00 pm, 10 May

227. who shipped your gear over?
we are getting nzvanlines.i want to know what there like

fluffyminx (42 ) 10:04 pm, 10 May

228. yep weena that was my letter in the Miner

kelly8 (149 ) 11:38 pm, 10 May

229. weena U have to actually get my a into g
and come meet you! Maybe this Thursday night anyway.

kelly8 (149 ) 11:40 pm, 10 May

230. x...
x

thor5 (16 ) 11:40 pm, 10 May

231. well...
we used NZ van line to. Couldnt fault them at all with the service back in NZ and with the packing i thought they had done a very good job. But once it got to us this end is a different matter, box marked "breakable" with a dirty great foot print on the top!. one thing that brased me off the most is i had, standing lamps i loved them so brought them over, the bases have concreat (type) in the base well they have been smashed they dont stand streight. The company here blames the company there there the company there blames the company here. Considering we just about fulled a 20" foot container most things are fine but is just anoying when things get broken.

vickip2 (525 ) 12:02 am, 11 May

232. Wahoooo
The www.movingtoaussie.com site has had over 3000 views! Make sure if you want any info added to the site just let us know. And to all those we have helped and meet its been great!! Keep the Q's coming!!!!

off2auzzie (84 ) 12:07 am, 11 May

233. vickip2 thats terrible ay
they say ridgways do the other end.ive tried ringing them and katzn k9s vanlines rings then the number disconects so sent them a email still no reply and im trying to cancel our goods going as his ex has F****d things up for us..for now till its sorted,waiting on katz to ring me.so annoying slack service.

fluffyminx (42 ) 12:35 pm, 11 May

234. I reckon
Kelly especially since we live so close to each other,lol!!!

weena29 (196 ) 2:30 pm, 11 May

235. Happy Mothers Day
to all the mums, hope you have had a good day.

pet61 (0) 8:34 pm, 11 May

236. thans pet i worked all day but apart from that it
was good. flying out of wellington at 6am tomorrow morning cant wait. see you soon kelly, milly and weena

joehannaa (263 ) 9:19 pm, 11 May

237. Joehannnaa
You have a safe and enjoyable time Gal. Take care, dont be to rough with your husband. Steve.

farcough81 (10 ) 9:23 pm, 11 May

238. ha ha steve
i have been getting heaps about that at work LOL dont worry i will have an enjoyable time Smile talk to you soon. wendy

joehannaa (263 ) 10:23 pm, 11 May

239. hope you
have/had a good flight johanna, will be waiting to hear from you when you arrive in this wonderful country. Weather is horrible, they told us we were getting a cold winter, I thought, cold nights and lovely warm sunny days (what I moved to FNQ for)but no overcast, cool. Paradise is turning to shite.

pet61 (0) 11:49 am, 12 May

240. just had a friend moved to oz
they have been there 6 months and doing well.They had nothing back here expensive rent couldn't get a head moved there started on 35 dollars an hour just bought a house and are just over the moon and their son loves it there too.

wags7 (111 ) 11:58 am, 12 May

241. sister has just moved to surfers
me hubby & kids going over in july/august (whenever our work season finishes) just found out our mum & dad are "bored with their lives" so they're also moving over in august LOL we're moving onto perth once we make a name for ourselves. getting passports, work/rental refs, criminal historys etc sorted at the mo, selling everything in july & just taking our clothes. never been on a plane so its all very exciting...scary.

phinz_59 (170 ) 12:06 pm, 12 May

242. what an adventure phinz
I arrived with nothing but a suitcase too!

kelly8 (149 ) 3:20 pm, 12 May

243. HELLO from a warm perth
just waiting for my next flight to kal!! its been a long day i left home at 3.30am nz time. hope everyone has had a good day.

joehannaa (263 ) 7:13 pm, 12 May

244. Kelly
Could you give Shay a ring please (in your own time) Nothing serious she would like a bit of info and maybe a little helpful advice. 19 blackall place Ph 890227979.Many thanks gal.Steve.(looks like Im going to owe you something nice when we get there)

farcough81 (10 ) 8:03 pm, 12 May

245. Joehannaa
Its a LONG flight over aint it!! Did you try the Red wine with the meal ??the one I had was just the bees knees.(wish I had asked what it was.) Perth Airport is a bit different as far as International Airports go isnt it.(smaller than most I thought) What was it, out the main doors turn left and find the shuttle to go to the Domestic Airport,or did you pay a bundle and get a taxi?? Kick back and enjoy your time in Kal Gal!I think it is a wonderful place and cant get back soon enough. Steve. (Something you will hear a lot of "NO WORRIES")

farcough81 (10 ) 8:13 pm, 12 May
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------246. will do Steve
.kelly8 (149 ) 8:39 pm, 12 May
grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++ Empty Re: Moving to Aussie ,KAL,and OTHER Placers post 1 to 200+++

Post  grandsangel Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:08 am

by grandsangel on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:26 am

246. will do Steve

kelly8 (149 ) 8:39 pm, 12 May

247. Thought I had
better bump this up!!!

weena29 (196 ) 11:14 am, 13 May

248. Yes I agree Weena
Its getting far too far down. Blardy cold here in Turangi today a decent frost this morning, now very sunny but still chilly.

dobbsygal (1070 ) 12:15 pm, 13 May

249. what,s everyone up
to today . we all must be really busy .Just going to bump this up as we dont want it getting down to low. milly when do you move into your New Home .You going to have to do more shopping lol lol lol . Angie

farcough81 (10 ) 3:11 pm, 13 May

250. Think I'll
Just score the 250 post!!! And bump the thread. Yep Milly too busy shopping or being Mrs Goodman-Fielder Truck Driver Extraordinaire!!! We have just dropped price on our lifestyle block 50g, and if it doesnt sell by end of next month then we will lease it out. We have fixed our arriving in Aussie date as 8/8/8 a very auspicious date!!!!

dobbsygal (1070 ) 3:25 pm, 13 May

Page: << Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next >>

Post a message in this thread

Note* The Trade Me message board is moderated by the Trade Me community. If you're offended by any of the messages in this thread, you can vote to have a message removed
grandsangel
Admin

grandsangel
grandsangel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down